The World Responsible Travel Awards are now open for nominations so here is your chance to nominate Cafe Tissardmine in one of the categories (see below) – the choice is yours, but as a guide I would think that categories 1, 5, 6 and 7 (if you have a great photo to share…) are most appropriate, have a read and then visitÂ http://www.responsibletravel.com/awards/nominations/ to make your nomination…
1. Economic Responsible Tourism: Impact on Local economy:Â A tourism organisation that has made efforts to change their impact on the local economy.
2. Environment Responsible Tourism: Water Conservation:Â A tourism organisation that has implemented a water conservation program that has resulted in a reduction in water usage, changes to the way water is used or the reuse of water.
3. Social Responsible Tourism: Child protection:Â A tourism organisation that has helped prevent child abuse, worked to increase child protection or contributes to child protection in some way.
4. Responsible Tourism Campaigning:Â A tourism organisation that has used campaigning to raise responsible tourism issues with consumers.
5. Best Destination for Responsible Tourism:Â A destination that sees itself as responsible, previous winners include Roros in Norway and Nuture, Lakeland in UK.
6. Best Wildlife Responsible Tourism:Â A tourism organisation that offers responsible wildlife experiences.
7. Creative contribution to Responsible Tourism in photography:Â Open to amateur photographers who can submit their photos of responsible tourism in action.